Thursday 10 November 2011

Finished Product

Sheet 1: Plan, sections and elevations

Sheet 2: Renders and elevations

Render 1

Render 2
The finished result of our awesome team.






Reflection:

This assignment for me was enjoyable. It gave me a chance to have some fun with graphic design and to get better with Adobe Photoshop.
That is why I wanted to be the presentation artist, to have a try at visually communicating a design.

I worked throughout the assignment (as you can see in the blog), but most of my work came after the others had finished their parts. 

Previous Ideas/work
Layout variants 
Earlier elevations
Very early layout variants (I thought there wasn't enough work in these)

I was dead set on coming up with a couple of renders too, even though we already had 10, because I want to get better at using Artlantis and I enjoyed the last assignment. (I thought we should also have a couple of night-time renders, and showed a different part of the house)


In terms of BIM, I didn't learn a great deal because of my presentation role (and the fact our group had some problems with bim anyway, unfortunately despite Andrews best efforts)

Ability wise, I think I performed well. The only thing I found difficult was getting the presentation to work with a non standard angular layout. Being biased, I think I need a couple of opinions on how it looks.
This exercise also showed me the value of good group members who have integrity and a good work ethic. (I had a bad experience earlier this year) I hope they feel the same way about me haha.


Overall, I think The sections, elevations, layout and renders I produced for team amazing helped the group to demonstrate all their hard work on the other aspects of the assignment.
And I think I have cemented my preferred graphic aesthetic style, which I'm sure will be used again in the future.





To Team Amazing, thanks for being amazing! 
You all did a fantastic job in your respective roles.
Have a great break everyone!
 

Cheers,
Ryan






No comments:

Post a Comment